1) We believe in one God, who is creator and ruler over all. We believe God to be the almighty and all powerful sovereign head of the divine Trinity and the church. John 4:24; Psalms 147:5; 83:18; Hebrews 3:4; Romans 1:20; Jeremiah 10:10 Exodus 15:11, Isaiah 6:3; 1 Pet. 1:15-16; Rev. 4:6-8 Mark 12:30; Rev. 4:11; Matt. 10:37; Jeremiah 2:12-13 Matt. 28:19; John 15:26; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 1 John 5:7 John 10:30; 5:17; 14:23; 17:5, 10; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 2:10-11; Phil. 2:5-6; Eph. 2:18; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Rev. 1:4-5
2) We believe in Jesus Christ; who was fully human and fully divine. We believe Jesus to be God in human form sent, through grace, to give His life to be the ultimate atonement for sin. We believe Jesus to be an equally powerful and imperative second element of the divine Trinity.
3) Salvation is the loving eternal embrace of God through Jesus, the Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit to be God in the spirit form given, through love, to be the ever-present God who is with us and comforts and guides us into all truth. We believe the Holy Spirit to be the equally powerful and imperative third element of the divine Trinity.
4) We believe that we are saved by grace through faith in the revelatory work of the cross. We believe that the blessings of salvation are made free to ALL people by the inclusive work of Jesus Christ.
5) We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and shall be interpreted through the loving lenses of Jesus Christ. The Bible is the foundation of the church and the source of directional knowledge about God and humanity. John 1:14; II Timothy 3:16, 1 John 2:5-6, Psalm 119:105; 2Timothy 3:16, 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Sam. 23:2; Acts 1:16; 3:21; John 10:35; Luke 16:29-31; Psa. 119:11; Rom. 3:1-2; 2 Tim. 3:15; 1 Pet. 1:10-12; Acts 11:14; Rom. 1:16; Mark 16:16; John 5:38-39; Prov. 30:5-6; John 17:17; Rev. 22:18-19; Rom. 3:4 Rom. 2:12; John 12:47-48; 1 Cor. 4:3-4; Luke 10:10-16; 12:47-48; Phil. 3:16; Eph. 4:3-6; Phil. 2:1-2; 1 Cor. 1:10; 1 Pet. 4:11; 1 John 4:1; Isa. 8:20; 1 Thess. 5:21; 2 Cor. 8:5; Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:6; Jude 3:5
6) Church is a gathering of individuals seeking God as we follow Jesus, the Christ in transformative ways to create healing, unity, and peace among all people through love. We believe the church to be the body of believers who regularly assemble together for worship (to God) and service (to humanity) as they seek to carry out the mission of Jesus Christ, the head of the church.
7) We believe in the priesthood of all believers. We fully understand that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone in the body of Christ. Every believer is unique, valuable and gifted to be an asset in the body of Christ. 1Peter 2:9, Galatians 3:26-29; Ephesians 4:1-13
8) We believe that sacraments are an outward showing of an inward faith and belief that unite the universal body of Christ. The sacrament of communion is the symbolic meal of remembrance for the sacrifice given through the atoning work of the cross. Christ commands us that as often as we share at the table we do it in remembrance of Him to show forth his presence in death and spirit until He comes again. Luke 22:19,20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32
9) We believe that sacraments are an outward showing of an inward faith and belief that unite the universal body of Christ. The sacrament of baptism is an ordinance of the faith through which the body welcomes new members. It is a symbolic death to a life of sin in order to be reborn to life in Christ Jesus. Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4
10) We believe in the Radically Inclusive love of God. We believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ cuts across all barriers that fragment and divide us. We are called to love, affirm, and welcome ALL regardless of race, age, gender, sexual and/or affectional orientation, class, disability, or life situation. We will be known for our inclusiveness, reconciliation, and liberation for all who are oppressed. Luke 6:27; John 3:16-17; Romans 8:1; Galatians 6; Jeremiah 1:4-10, Psalm 71:1-17 and Luke 4:21-32]; Genesis 4:7; 1 Samuel 16:7; Psalm 139:16; Proverbs 3:33-35; John 6:37; Romans 15:7; Ephesians 1:3-6; Colossians 1:19-23
11) We believe that it is important for the church to be active in the fight for justice and equality for all. We believe that the love of Christ and the covenant of grace commands us to not only be radically inclusive in our love to others, but an active voice against injustice and inequality everywhere. Deuteronomy 27:19; Psalm 11:7; Psalm 33:5; Isaiah 1:17; Amos 5:24;Ephesians 1:5-12
12) We believe that above all else, Christ has come through love to give love so that we may show love and receive love.